Byte9, a leading agile web development company based in London. is looking for an agile project manager to join the team at an exciting period of product development and open-source release, for co-sourced development with partner teams. Blaze is a leading 'headless' and 'no code' content, ecommerce and data management platform we are bringing to market.
As an agile, technical project manager your goal will be to balance the demands of budget, time and resource, while keeping stakeholders, product owners, the development team and implementation partners happy. Byte9 has a robust continuous integration, automated testing and cloud deployment setup and uses industry standard project management and reporting tools - but we require someone familiar with which levers to pull.
We are looking for a project manager with a keen & analytical mind, with the ability to challenge the status quo and push the team, our product and our place in the SaaS software world forward.
What we offer:
In return, we offer a leading salary, the chance to work on an innovative web application development project, using advanced processes, tools and techniques within a strong, established & innovative team. You will be joining a team who work flexibly and remotely around Europe, from our London office. Hybrid working is welcome, but this is a London office based role, for 2-3 days a week.
The right candidate:
- Thrives in an agile product development environment, where a core product is being moved forward with agency and end-client implementations and associated dependencies.
- Has excellent client-facing and internal communication, verbal and written skills and the ability to be assertive, decisive, empathetic and pragmatic, where appropriate.
- Understands the agency model and has managed resources across projects.
- Has worked with sales and account handling teams with product timeline definition and key deliverables and project budgeting.
- Has experience managing the setup and onboarding of clients and partners with complex projects, internal and third party resources.
What’s involved in this role:
- Project managing the delivery of product development and end-client and agency partner implementations and ongoing support.
- Working with the development teams, DevOps, SysOps and the product manager to ensure predictable software delivery and implementation within budgets and estimates.
- Management of client development budgets and liaison with account management and accounting.
- Responsibility for managing the specification and resource requirements for software and product developments. This may also include contributing to tender responses.
- Managing resource planning, resource allocation and resource reporting, ongoing within product development and across implementations.
- Report milestones, productivity, and project profitability and facilitate ongoing resource planning, as development resources increase over time.
- End to end Quality assurance, including QA process and test management.
- Ensuring that in-house, client and third-party teams are functioning smoothly, communicating any blockers and managing resolutions in a timely way, across stakeholders.
- Responsibility for production and management of some product and project documentation.
Key requirements and experience:
- Agile project management experience and knowledge of software project management and deployment tooling and process (Jira, Confluence, Github, QA and software testing tools, release management, continuous integration and deployment).
- Experience project managing and quality assuring complex digital / software projects, with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to manage in-house project implementation and third-party designer and developer contributions.
- A knowledge of SDLC management and experience working with in-house and third-party developers and designers.
- Demonstrable knowledge of agile and lean practices, particularly Kanban and/or SCRUM and the associated ceremonies.
- Proven working experience of managing tender deliverables e.g. resource requirements, evaluation criteria, statement of requirements, risk analysis and project plan presentation.
- Constructive and collaborative but with the ability to step in and take decisions in a timely manner to move the team forward.
- Excellent people management skills, able to engage and lead, with a passion for improving both teams and agile processes.
- Ideally experience of managing accreditations (e.g ISO / G Cloud / AWS), software and infrastructure audits and team training and accreditations.
Technology stack overview: