Senior Front-end Developer Position Summary
We are a leading agile web-development company based in London and we are looking to expand our experienced team as we engage in new projects, digital 'pivots' and innovative developments to our core Blaze product, which we are releasing as an open-source project.
We specialise in feature-rich web applications, 'headless' content management with unique natural language processing tools and bespoke client web and mobile application development.
Our clients range from start-ups to blue chips and our focus is on providing beautiful, innovative and perfomant systems that fulfil evolving stakeholder requirements, using mature agile development processes and best practice tooling and tech stack.
Your primary responsibilities will include supporting both the design and the development teams to produce front-end code to support sophisticated, performant and scalabe projects. A keen eye for cutting edge web design, interface development, performance management, tooling, usability and the ergonomics of a system are as important as a mind for innovation and the ability to work effectively in a pair / full stack application development team.
There is also a responsibility to share experience, impart knowledge and mentor across the front-end team, and to work across the team as a whole to ensure best practice in product development.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, the chance to work in a progressive software development environment on innovative projects, using advanced process, tools and techniques within a strong, established, experienced, creative and smart team. We have worked with a broadly distributed, global team for many years, so the current 'work from home' requirements have not affected our setup and process.
Skills and experience necessary for a senior front-end developer:
- Software engineeering best practice
- Over 4 years of commercial front-end web development experience
- Experience with NodeJS
- Redux or similar Flux-like state-management tools
- Experience writing performant performant GraphQL and REST based APIs
- Experience with NPM, Gulp, Webpack
- TDD experience
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Experience with SASS / BeM Coding Standards
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility & usability
- Experience working with version control systems such as GIT
- Experience with Bootstrap and developing for mobile
- Working examples of Code / Sites (GitHub portfolio etc)
Good to have:
- Good knowledge of mobile environments, especially iOS & Android
- Social media skills, especially mainstream platform integration
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with AWS / Google Cloud infrastructure
- Experience with Docker / Kubernetes
- Experience of CI / Testing Tools
- Experience with CMS tools (WordPress, Magento, Drupal etc)
The Right Candidate:
- Will be organised, punctual, detailed, accurate, work quickly to tight deadlines and excel at problem solving
- Be able to plan and execute multiple projects
- Can accurately translate UX wireframes and design mock-ups into well-organised front-end interfaces
- Will work closely with designers and back-end developers as well as quality assurance, devops and sysops
- More than anything, has a passion for what they do and will always be looking to learn and stay current with developments in all relevant technologies, process, software and hardware
You will be working in a vibrant office / experineced distance working environment where developing first-class solutions in a positive atmosphere is far more important than a suit and tie.
Inter-personal skills are also very important and you should enjoy working in a team environment, cope well with pressure, and have a genuine enthusiasm for all things web application development and a “can do” (better) attitude.
You will need to manage and prioritise a varied workload and enjoy a customer-focused development role working on diverse, complex projects.