An experienced web designer supporting both the development and client teams, producing designs for our core Blaze product and client websites and web applications.
Technical Project Manager, Managing Director
Depending on experience
CV and covering letter to [email protected]
NB No agencies please!
Senior Web Designer
Byte9 are looking for a skilled web designer, with an eye for web application design.
We are a leading agile web-development company in London and we are looking to expand our experienced team as we engage in both client front-end design projects and development of our open source software.
We specialise in feature-rich web applications, content management with unique natural language processing tools and bespoke client web and mobile application development.
Our clients range from start-ups to blue chips and our focus is on providing beautiful, innovative and performant systems that fulfil evolving stakeholder requirements, using mature agile development processes.
Your primary responsibilities will include taking client projects and our software interfaces through idea development, concepts and wireframing to high fidelity design prior to production. A keen eye for cutting edge web design, usability and the ergonomics of complex systems are as important as an understanding of brand and design dynamics.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, the chance to work in a progressive design and software development environment on innovative projects, using advanced process, tools and techniques within a strong, established, experienced, creative and smart team.
- Designing new features across customer journeys
- Optimising existing experiences to boost visitor engagement and conversion rates
- Validating and optimising designs with actionable data from a range of analytics sources
- Contributing to style guides and design systems
- Presenting designs and explaining rationale to senior stakeholders
- Working with developers to deliver best possible customer experience within web and web application guidelines
In order to be successful for this role you will need to be able to demonstrate a proven background working as a Digital or UX/UI Designer with the following knowledge and experience:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with strong skills in both UX/UI Design
- Strong experience designing digital user journeys across responsive/adaptive websites and ideally web applications and apps
- Knowledge of and experience implementing web and web application design patterns
- Experience with web typography, typefaces and fonts
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility & Usability
- The ability to interpret and implement brand guidelines for web designs
- Previous experience working to the Agile/Scrum methodology
- Confident in tools such as Sketch, Zeplin, Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision
- Good HTML, CSS, SASS for prototyping
- Experience with CMS tools (WordPress, Drupal etc.) or e-commerce tools (Shopify, Magento, Big Commerce etc.)
- Excellent team collaboration skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical colleagues across the business
The Right Candidate:
- Will be organised, punctual, detailed, accurate, work quickly to tight deadlines and excel creatively
- Be able to plan and execute multiple projects
- Will work closely with front-end developers and quality assurance
- More than anything, have a passion for web design and UX
You will be working in a vibrant office environment where developing first-class solutions in a positive atmosphere is far more important than a suit and tie.
Inter-personal skills are very important and you should enjoy working in a team environment, be comfortable in client and stakeholder meetings, cope well with multiple projects on deadlines pressure and maintain a “can do” (better) attitude.