Overview of the Role
Byte9 have ambitious plans for the growth around our new platform, Blaze.
We are looking for a business development manager who understands and can articulate to prospects the benefits of agile and open-source software development, ‘headless’ CMS and Ecommerce infrastructure, micro-service orientated and serverless application architecture of this type. We want to develop new and ongoing, mutually profitable relationships based around leading technology.
If you can articulate the benefits of next generation web application development technology and help clients and prospects see the inherent benefits, then there is great opportunity here.
Byte9 are looking for a rainmaker, who wants to take the lead on an exciting product at a time of opportunity,
- To prioritise and manage sales opportunities
- Clearly articulate the benefits of the Blaze platform to business managers, owners and board members
- Develop, present and deliver high-impact Blaze demonstrations and case studies
- Undertake requirement development & consultancy and position Blaze tools and Byte9 engineering and process to meet those needs
- Help develop and articulate overall system design, implementation methodology and support services
- Manage all aspects of a sales cycle from opportunity identification, through to the negotiation and closure of contract
- Develop productive, valuable ongoing relationships with key executives and decision makers
- Responsibility for managing CRM records relating to prospect and client correspondence and documentation
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of pipeline, forecasts and ongoing activities
- Sales and marketing collateral updates and maintenance, in line with ongoing product and service development
- 5+ years in a pre-sales or business development position, at a software development or technology consultancy business.
- Experience with rich CMS and ecommerce application development and support processes, ideally in an agency environment
- Experience in enterprise application integration, e.g. EMS, CRM, Apps etc
- Understanding of agile software development processes (e.g. SCRUM), tools (e.g. Jira) and methodology
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) tools and methodologies
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar Cloud service provider product suite and service experience
- Crisp presentation and engaging interpersonal skills
- Excellent written English
- Excellent spreadsheet skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving
This is a role for an enthusiastic sales-person, who has already proven that pipeline prospects can be turned into high value, complex technology solution customers. You will be tenacious and optimistic and never be afraid to pick up the phone, get on a screen-share or jump on a plane to go and evangelise the potential of Blaze & Byte9 to forward-thinking businesses.
Byte9 intend to take full advantage of the product and technology opportunity, which will be very rewarding in a business development sense, we also intend to develop new partner channels and the opportunity to grow with the business and the business development and marketing team is significant, for the right candidate.