PHP Web Developer - London
Technical Project Manager
Market leading, but dependant on experience
CV and covering letter to email [email protected]
NB: NO AGENCIES PLEASE AND YES THAT DOES MEAN YOU!
Byte9 are one of the leading agile web development companies in London and we are looking to expand our experienced full-service development team.
We develop sophisticated, scalable web applications using mature, agile process and a robust continuous integration, testing and deployment environment. Blaze is our development framework that allows us to build feature rich web applications, from leading CMS tools to sophisticated ecommerce operations and bespoke business applications. Sphere is a content curation, semantic analysis and content marketing tool delivered as-a-service to marketing agency and client content management platforms.
Our clients range from start-ups to blue chips but our focus is on providing excellent solutions that fulfill our clients’ and system stakeholders’ evolving business requirements. Some notable clients to date include the following:
With several exciting projects lined up we are now looking to expand the development team with another developer, who will be commercially experienced with a minimum of three years commercial experience of web (application) development.
As a LAMP developer your primary responsibilities will be to support the development of our internal products as well as working with our Design team to create web applications that are usable and well as feature rich. You will be included in bringing fresh ideas to the product road map and working closely with the Project Team to enhance Blaze and Sphere.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, the chance to work on a variety of innovative projects, using advanced process, tools and techniques within a strong, experienced & smart team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- PHP5+ with a solid knowledge of OO programming (3+ years commercial experience)
- Good knowledge of MVC development
- Strong MySQL skills, including database design and development
- Experience of test driven development including unit and integration testing
- Experience with LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- Experience with MAMP (Mac, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- Working with remote repositories (Github / SVN)
- Excellent communication skills and commercial experience of working in development teams
You will also benefit from having:
- Experience of developing and integrating content managed and e-commerce enabled web sites
- Experience of developing using Zend Framework
- Experience of Agile methodologies (particularly SCRUM) and XP
- Experience of test driven development methodologies and appropriate tools
- Knowledge of automated testing tools would be advantageous
- API development using REST
- SEO and Web Analytics Development (Google Universal Analytics)
You will be working in a vibrant office environment where developing first class solutions in an enjoyable atmosphere is far more important than a suit and tie. Human skills are very important and you should enjoy working in a team environment, cope well with pressure, and have a genuine enthusiasm for all things web application development and a “can do” attitude. You will need to manage and prioritise a varied workload and enjoy a customer-focused development role working on diverse projects.