LAMP developer London
LAMP developer London
REPORTS TO: Head of Development
SALARY: Market leading, but dependant on experience
APPLICATION: CV and covering letter to email developer "at" thebyte9.com
NB: NO AGENCIES PLEASE AND YES THAT DOES MEAN YOU!
Byte9 are one of the leading agile web development companies in London and we are looking to expand our experienced team.
We specialise in feature-rich content management and ecommerce products and bespoke systems development in LAMP and Ruby on Rails, using a (mature) test driven, agile approach and continuous integration environment.
Our clients range from start-ups to blue chips but our focus is on providing excellent solutions that fulfill our clients’ and system stakeholders’ evolving business requirements.
With several exciting projects lined up we are now looking to expand the development team with another developer, who will be commercially experienced with a minimum of three years commercial experience of web (application) development.
As a LAMP developer your primary responsibilities will include the further development and implementation of our cutting edge web development framework and bespoke development in conjunction with our GUI designers. A keen eye for usability and the ergonomics of a system are as important as a mind for innovation and the ability to work effectively in a pair / team environment. You will also be expected to actively input ideas both on the enhancement our existing technologies and the supporting tools, process and methodologies.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, the chance to work on a variety of innovative projects, using advanced process, tools and techniques within a strong, experienced & smart team.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- PHP5 with a solid knowledge of OO programming (3+ years commercial experience)
- Strong MySQL skills, including database design and development
- Experience of test driven development including unit and integration testing
- Experience with LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) server administration
- Excellent communication skills and commercial experience of working in development teams
You will also benefit from having
- Experience of developing and integrating content managed and e-commerce enabled web sites
- Experience of developing using Zend Framework
- Familiarity with jQuery
- Experience of Agile methodologies (particularly SCRUM) and XP
- Experience of test driven development methodologies and appropriate tools
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails would be advantageous
You will be working in a vibrant office environment where developing first class solutions in an enjoyable atmosphere is far more important than a suit and tie. Human skills are very important and you should enjoy working in a team environment, cope well with pressure, and have a genuine enthusiasm for all things web application development and a “can do” attitude. You will need to manage and prioritise a varied workload and enjoy a customer-focused development role working on diverse projects.