Junior Front End Developer
Junior Front End Developer
REPORTS TO: Head of Development and Head of Design
SALARY: Dependent on Experience
APPLICATION: CV and Covering Letter to be emailed to email@example.com
NB: NO AGENCIES PLEASE AND YES THAT DOES MEAN YOU!
Byte9 are one of the leading agile web development companies in London and we are looking to expand our experienced team.
We specialise in feature-rich web application, content management and ecommerce products and client web and mobile site development, increasingly we work with in house and agency design and development teams.
Our clients range from start-ups to blue chips but our focus is on providing excellent solutions that fulfil our clients’ and system stakeholders’ evolving business requirements, look outstanding and function optimally across devices and browsers.
As a junior front-end web developer your primary responsibilities will include supporting both the Design and the Development team to produce front end code to support multiple client projects. A keen eye for cutting edge web design, interface development, usability and the ergonomics of a system are as important as a mind for innovation and the ability to work effectively in a pair / LAMP development team environment.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, the chance to work on a variety of innovative projects, using advanced process, tools and techniques within a strong, experienced, creative & smart team.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- An eye for cutting edge web design
- Experience with Image editing tools (Photoshop, Fireworks etc)
- HTML5 & HTML5 APIs
- CSS3 skills
- CSS grids
- CSS frameworks / resets
- Web font embedding & licensing
- Responsive and mobile device design
- SEO basics
- Cross-browser, cross-platform & device testing for bugs and inconsistencies
- Usability and User centred Design (UCD)
- Experience working within LAMP software and web development teams
- Excellent communication skills and commercial experience of working in development teams
You will also benefit from having experience of
- PHP, MySQL
- Experience of version control, GIT
- Experience of working with Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Experience of Agile methodologies (particularly SCRUM) and XP
You will be working in a vibrant office environment where developing first class solutions in an enjoyable atmosphere is far more important than a suit and tie. Human skills are very important and you should enjoy working in a team environment, cope well with pressure, and have a genuine enthusiasm for all things web application development and a “can do” attitude. You will need to manage and prioritise a varied workload and enjoy a customer-focused development role working on diverse projects.