Front-end web developer
Front-end web developer London
REPORTS TO: Head of Design & Head of Development
SALARY: Market leading, but dependant on experience
APPLICATION: CV and covering letter to email developer "at" thebyte9.com
NB: NO AGENCIES PLEASE AND YES THAT DOES MEAN YOU!
Byte9 are one of the leading agile web development companies in London and we are looking to expand our experienced team.
We specialise in feature-rich web application, content management and ecommerce products and client web and mobile site development, increasingly we work with in house and agency design and development teams.
Our clients range from start-ups to blue chips but our focus is on providing excellent solutions that fulfill our clients’ and system stakeholders’ evolving business requirements, look outstanding and function optimally across devices and browsers.
With several exciting projects lined up we are now looking to expand the front end design and development team with another front-end web developer, who will be commercially experienced with a minimum of three years under their belt..
As a front-end web developer your primary responsibilities will include the design and implementation of cutting edge interfaces for our leading web development framework and client projects. A keen eye for cutting edge web design, interface development, usability and the ergonomics of a system are as important as a mind for innovation and the ability to work effectively in a pair / LAMP development team environment.
You will also be expected to actively input ideas both on the enhancement our existing technologies and the supporting tools, process and methodologies.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, the chance to work on a variety of innovative projects, using advanced process, tools and techniques within a strong, experienced, creative & smart team.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- An eye for cutting edge web design
- Experience with Image editing tools (Photoshop, Fireworks etc)
- HTML5 & HTML5 APIs (canvas, geolocation, videos etc)
- Strong CSS3 skills (animations etc)
- CSS grids
- CSS frameworks / resets
- Web font embedding & licensing
- Responsive and mobile device design
- SEO basics
- Cross-browser, cross-platform & device testing for bugs and inconsistencies
- Usability and User centred Design (UCD)
- Experience working within LAMP software and web development teams
- Excellent communication skills and commercial experience of working in development teams
You will also benefit from having experience of
- PHP, MySQL
- Experience of version control, GIT
- Experience of developing and integrating content managed and e-commerce enabled web sites
- Experience of Agile methodologies (particularly SCRUM) and XP
You will be working in a vibrant office environment where developing first class solutions in an enjoyable atmosphere is far more important than a suit and tie. Human skills are very important and you should enjoy working in a team environment, cope well with pressure, and have a genuine enthusiasm for all things web application development and a “can do” attitude. You will need to manage and prioritise a varied workload and enjoy a customer-focused development role working on diverse projects.