The leading international publication for the office products industry
Office Products International (OPI) is recognised as the leading publication for the office products industry.
Reporting to more than 50,000 readers in over 110 countries. Rather than being just a product magazine, OPI analyses and reports on the key drivers for change in the industry including merger and acquisition activity, channel development, financial news and macro-economic trends.
The scope of the project was to cover the design, implementation of a new website and migration from the existing content management solution. We were tasked with implementing strategy and tactics to aid editorial, drive up site usage, monetise content and optimise profitability of the OPI.net website.
Specific objectives included the following:
- Attract targeted, quality website traffic
- Provide measurable site Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Automate content aggregation and distribution and reduce editorial overhead
- Capture actionable business intelligence, to improve subscription conversion
- Optimise the value of sponsorship and advertising
- Drive conversions for premium trials & subscriptions and event registrations
- Increase audience engagement, community development, social media activity
The Byte9 Solution
The analysis of stakeholder needs and user story writing culminated in clear project goals and the requisite site functionality and design considerations followed:
We gained an understanding of the site user goals and a comprehensive ‘wire-framing’ exercise allowed us to map more effective user journeys through the site, based on the user ‘scenarios’ that we mapped. User goals and key site performance indicators were identified, and reports setup to allow us to monitor and respond to site usage.
Byte9 (RSS) news aggregation, classification, tagging and analysis tools have enabled OPI to manage their own and third party content more effectively, providing better content distribution and a greatly enhanced reader experience on site.
Tools for the management of premium content trials, reporting on trialist activity, subscription conversion renewal and payments were put in place to facilitate premium content subscriber management.
Automated, personalised email newsletters were setup, to draw content from Byte9 and use MailChimp for list management and usage reporting
Examination of the existing content management system gave us a clear path to export tens of thousands of content pages and site user profile data, for a seamless site population and launch.
The new OPI.net website has outperformed expectation in all respects.
- Site traffic immediately increased by 99%
- Website visitor time on site increased by 133%
- There has been a 59% increase in page views per visitor
- Premium trials & subscriptions increased by over 500% + 400% respectively
The OPI team and the publication subscribers are delighted with the results.
We are now engaging in on-going site development and content optimisation to capitalise on the results thus far.
‘This new site is exceptional! Very user friendly...’Janet Bell, Director OPI
Wholesale Novelty Gift Company
Linesearch.org is a free to use internet based, search enquiry system for asset enquiries before commencing or planning works.
A catalogue ecommerce site for the DVD licensing and distribution company GO Entertain, powered by the Blaze CMS