Award winning enquiry based search system
Linesearch.org is a free to use internet based, search enquiry system for asset enquiries before commencing or planning works.
Linesearch is an internet based enquiry system providing location data for 10's of thousands of miles of pipeline and fibre optic cable ducts across the UK. Linesearch provides a single point of contact relating to the apparatus owned or operated by their membership base and is available for individuals, groups and large corporations. The system is a fully transactional order and enquiry management system that uses a GIS binary mapping database and cross correlates this with the Streetmap.co.uk business service.
- Introduce an Enquiry Management System which enables enquiries to be made against a mapping database, embedded into the system
- Implement flexible content delivery channels with a simple authoring and editing for use by external oil and pipeline operators in specific ‘zones of interest’.
- Integration of the existing enquiry management database, enabling Linesearch to undertake the same enquiry verification process, without losing data.
- Reduced the wait time for enquiries, and redirect the query to members only when relevant. Provide a replicated service with an intranet to provide functionality for the staff and an extranet providing browser based access.
- Provide a single point of contact for all enquiries relating to the pipelines of Linesearch members.
- Segregation of ‘affected’ and ‘not-affected’ queries, to reduce administration on ‘nowhere near’ enquiries which were traditionally paper based.
- Secure Payment gateway to protect premium content information.
The Byte9 solution
The Linesearch management enquiry system was overhauled and redeveloped into a full site Content Management System, created with full integration and manipulation of embedded GIS and Streetmap function. Additional functions included API integration, templates customisation and improved security using full access control and encrypted passwords (SSL).
The system allows users to login, choose a ‘zone of interest’ by postcode or grid reference and enter relevant start and end dates. Streetmap integration provides visual confirmation of location which is cross-referenced with GIS embedded mapping database to confirm safety of locations. Email confirmation is sent out.
Administrators have access to additional pages to allow non-internet based enquiries, mail merges and data capture. The system notifies administrators if an enquiry is flagged as ‘near’. They send a formal response to the enquirer providing all necessary information, the operator is also notified, once the notification is acknowledged on the website the operator in then responsible for the enquiry.
Linesearch’s Byte9 solution has proved extremely effective and reliable and became profitable in its second month of operation. In March 2004 Linesearch was awarded Pipeline Industries Guild Innovation and Technology award.
We are delighted with this solution. Linesearch continues to grow in terms of operator numbers and enquiries made at an impressive rate.Clare Stewart
Pharma Boardroom is the premier website for C-Level executives, consultants, regulators and vendors working in Healthcare Life Sciences globally. The site is for senior professionals who want to understand local and global markets on a strategic level, and benefit from their peers' on-the-ground experience.
Speakers Corner is a leading speaker bureau with a vast catalogue of keynote and motivational speakers, cabaret acts and awards hosts, and a knowledgeable and experienced bookings team on hand to find the perfect fit for corporate events.
Ledbury Research is the leading consulting business specialising in research and insight into High Net Worth Individuals. They produce expert findings in the form of reports, premium site content and bespoke research projects.