Event Travel Company
Event Travel Company is a tour operator specialising in large winter sports events, and Wasteland Ski is a tour operator offering affordable chalet, apartment, and group holidays, predominantly to resorts in the European Alps.
Web Based Bookings, is the online reservation system used by Event Travel Company and Wasteland Ski.
The sophisticated bookings engine is used by both companies to conduct 100% of their business online, facilitating complex multi-part sales, customer accounts, reporting, and logistics management.
The scope of the project was to cover the design, build, and implementation of an online reservation and bookings management system. Specific objectives included the following:
- Increase sales by providing a more efficient online booking environment
- Increase targeted site traffic by optimising site for search engines
- Customer friendly and secure ordering system - online via website / online via telesales.
- Provide complex merchandising options for group or individual product sales.
- User friendly and secure product-building system (inventory management, product configuration).
- Secure authorised payment direct to bank via preferred payment gateway.
- Decrease resource overheads with simple authoring and editing for non-technical users
- Consolidated reporting for admin, resort logistics, accounting and marketing.
- Integration into office procedures, including the existing database and information structures.
- Designed for integration with Super PNR and to be OTA compliant.
- ABTA compliance
The Byte9 Solution
The online reservation and bookings management system was developed using the BLAZE CMS platform. The system has been continually developed in an agile and iterative way to add and extend functionality responding to evolving requirements.
Non-technical users can easily create, configure, and manage events, trips, options, and products to make available for sale to groups and individuals as required. Intuitive front end booking interfaces enables users to make secure online bookings quickly and easily. The online payment accepts deposits with further staged payment functionality to cater for the student market. The system also caters for processing amendments, cancellations, and refunds.
Users can access their account to view and manage their bookings and options, check details, and printreceipts. Group Organiser users can also view details for bookings made by their group’s members.
Admin users can easily report on customer bookings and access the necessary information for accounting, and to manage trips and events operations effectively.
The online booking service solution has helped both companies increase their profile and strengthen their position within their respective target markets. The system has facilitated vastly increased sales levels as well as operational cost savings through improved administrative efficiencies. This can be attributed firstly to getting the product “live” on the website ready for sale quicker and secondly to the ease of use for customers to be able to secure a place.
Recent developments include advanced functionality for managing accommodation and transport, e.g. enabling users to allocate themselves to their preferred room and coach with the friends they’re travelling with according to what they’ve booked and live availability.
Ledbury Research is the leading consulting business specialising in research and insight into High Net Worth Individuals. They produce expert findings in the form of reports, premium site content and bespoke research projects.
Office Products International (OPI) is recognised as the leading publication for the office products industry.
Newton Media produces a number of premium business to business titles, including World Intellectual Property Review (WIPR), Intelligent Insurer and Bermuda RE among others.